Western Cape Climbing - Provincial Sporting Structure
WCC has adopted a financial policy that is aimed at ensuring good financial discipline and transparency. Our books are audited by Galbraith Rushby, a Cape Town auditing firm that has been assisting us in this regard for approximately 10 years.
The organisation administration is run entirely on volunteers. We do pay our coaches, route-setters, medics etc and hope to grow the professionalism in these areas by supporting them financially and with education as far as we are able.
Our Income is derived from a few primary Sources:
* Grants from the Provincial Department of Sport
* Fundraising Efforts by the Management committee.
* Subscription Fees,
* Competition Fees and High-Performance coaching!
What we spend the money on. Our primary expenses are:
* Competition costs (primarily venue hire and route setting with a little for prizes)
* High Performance coaching (90% funded by those in the programme)
* Capacity Development such as workshops for Route Setters, Coaches, Judges etc.
* Administration costs such as website, cloud based storage and accounting, meeting costs auditors fees etc